Well, we are back in North Carolina after a two week trip to Indiana. It was so good to see everyone, but we were definitely glad to sleep in our own bed once arriving home. I wanted to wrap up the remainder of our trip and Christmas festivities. I have included additional pictures in the "Photo Galleries" section of the website.
We spent Christmas Eve and Day with Matt's family. After church service on Christmas Eve, we headed back to his parents' house for yummy snacks, a game, and a movie. Elaina went to bed after church, and unfortunately, she missed out on all of the fun.
On Christmas morning, Elaina was being extra cute by cooing and smiling at us when we got her out of bed. I even captured a picture of her smile. We had a lot of fun opening presents with her. She received many wonderful gifts! 
On the 27th, we headed to my parents' home to celebrate Christmas with them. I really enjoyed watching my nieces open their gifts. Elaina (again) received many wonderful presents. We had a great (non-traditional) meal of white chili. 
On the 28th, we celebrated Christmas with my mom's parents. My grandma cooked a delicious meal, and Elaina was able to meet her great-grandparents, great-aunt and uncle, and cousin. My grandma made a cute little purse for Elaina out of scraps of fabric. I absolutely love handmade gifts, and I know Elaina will cherish them when she is older. The following image is Elaina with Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Kemp. 
After celebrating New Year's Eve and Jordan's birthday, we headed to Indianapolis with my family. We all took Elaina and her cousins to the Children's Museum. I look forward to returning when Elaina is big enough to enjoy the exhibits. Sydney and Addison had a great time.
We said good-bye to my family on the 2nd, and met up with friends from college. We typically only get to see them once a year when we're in town for the holidays, and we enjoyed introducing them to Elaina this year. Unfortunately, we were absolutely exhausted, and I never thought to take pictures!
On the 3rd, we began the drive back to North Carolina. We met up with Matt's parents for lunch and one last kiss and hug for Elaina. We stopped to spend the night half way through the trip, and we arrived at our home late Sunday afternoon. Matt returned to work on Monday, and I spent most of the day napping with Elaina.
We had a great holiday season, and we feel very blessed to have such great family and friends! Now, I just have to get motivated enough to take down the Christmas decorations. :)
2 comments:
glad you guys had a great trip! we would love to catch up for dinner in the next couple of weeks. let us know when you have some free time.
hey! i'll send you the few pics i have from our fun day!
Post a Comment