Thursday, February 12, 2009

An Officer in the Family

My Sister's husband, Adam, was recently sworn in as a Sheriff's Deputy and the local paper did a write-up. I especially like the mention of Adam coming to Warrick County to be a part of "a great local family." :)

Congrats to Andrea and Adam!

JAILER NAMED NEWEST DEPUTY
Newburgh/Chandler Register
Thursday, February 12, 2009


Warrick County Clerk Sarah Topper administers the Oath of Office to Warrick County Deputy Adam Silva on Jan. 21. Photo submitted

Warrick County Sheriff Marvin Heilman has announced the hiring of a new deputy sheriff in the county.

County Clerk Sarah Topper administered the Oath of Office to Deputy Adam Silva on Jan. 21.

Silva served as a civilian jailer for almost a year. He immediately began his official training with supervisors and field training officers. Silva, age 27, has also served as a reserve officer for the Newburgh Police Department.

“Adam has proven to be a dependable, career-minded employee and I hope he has a great future in law enforcement,” said Heilman.

Silva is originally from the Massachusetts area and he has a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice from Oakland City University.

He met his wife while they were enrolled at the Pensacola Christian College.

“Adam’s pursuit of his education and, more importantly, the new lady in his life, brought him to Warrick County to be a part of a great local family and now to be a deputy sheriff serving the public,” said Heilman.

Silva and his wife live in the Chandler area and they are expecting their first child in May.

“I am very excited to have this opportunity to serve as a deputy for the Sheriff’s Office,” said Deputy Silva. “This is something that I have always wanted to do. I look forward to many years of service to the citizens of Warrick County.”