Saturday, March 7, 2009

Why I'll Probably Take My Kid's Lunch Money


On the way home from work yesterday I listened to a music review on NPR that introduced me to Lunch Money, a Kids Music Band (I didn't know there was such a thing) who just released their second album: "Dizzy."

I now no longer worry about Elaina driving me nuts with listening to the same music track over and over and over and over. [My sister was always guilty of this.] In fact, I suspect some day I will swipe Elaina's Lunch Money (CD) and wear it out in my car.

The titles and lyrics that caught my attention were:
  • It Only Takes One Night to Make a Balloon Your Friend where the artist explains that kids should not be upset if at first their new balloon prefers to hang out in a corner of the ceiling instead of coming down to play. Balloons are shy like that.
  • A Cookie As Big As My Head urges children to indulge their sweet teeth and advises on what to do if Mom prefers to provide oatmeal cookies instead of chocolate chip: "Oatmeal and Raisins sounds a lot like cereal... and I already had breakfast."

NPR has three of their tracks (including the balloon-befriending ballad) and a synopsis of the All Things Considered program I heard at NPR music.

I also found a youtube clip of the band performing the Cookie song in 2007.

1 comment:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

I totally love them! Kids music can be fun if you want it to!